These are the main elements behind our project. We hope it will also inspire you!
- LONG TERM VISION. In opposition to the currently dominant “short-termism”, we want to create a project with a long term perspective
- SUSTAINABLE HOUSING. A house is a right, and not a simple good to buy and sell. We will therefore create affordable and anti-speculative housing.
- COMMON PROPERTY & DECISION MAKING. Decisions are made by all members.
- TRANSPARENCY. Information will be available for all members, and not in the hands of a minority.
- MUTUALISATION. Inefficient individual use will be replaced, when possible, by an efficient common practice to share spaces, knowledge, ideas, time, goods, services, etc.
- PRIVACY & EQUILIBRIUM. Aside to the mutualization, we also believe in a balance between private and common spaces, in order to protect the individual privacy of every single member.
- WORK EXPERIMENTATION. At a time of a brain-drain from villages to the cities, we want to relocate skills in the villages thanks to Internet, coworking, and FabLabs, among others.
- RESPONSIBILITY. No one can just sit and watch at The fACTory. Each according to their abilities, everyone has rights, as well as duties.
- COMPLEMENTARY DIFFERENCES. Differences are optimized to make solutions more sustainable: local & international, private & public, individual & community, hardware & software, young & less-but-still young, male & female, cities and villages.
- DIALOGUE. Last but not least, complementary differences requires to deeply learn the skill of dialogue through facilitated meetings and decision-makings. No one has got the full truth: we all share parts of it.
[📸 Gaià Reservoir, 30 minutes walking from the la Fàbrica de la Transició]